Monday, June 21, 2010

023/365 - The Shadow Proves the Sunshine

Today was a... Yeah, not much happened, at all, today! Ugh. However, my dad wanted to go along with me to Rocky Point, which turned out to be nice! We didn't do much for Father's Day, so I suppose spending time together today made up for it. ;) We looked for some agates (like we used to do when I was a kid!), but no luck. All was not lost, though! This was his make-shift, extremely accurate sundial in the sand. Haha. =P

Other than this bright spot in my day, like I said, I didn't do anything... No work. No hanging out. Drove me crazy! I'm the type of person who likes getting out and about any way I can; keep myself busy. That being said, I was going insane! Sigh.

Well, I guess the shadow proves the sunshine? Not everything in your day will always be a home run. Not every day will be spectacular, and not even every week will be positively memorable. But, these times only make all the others that much more beautiful! ;) These are our lives, and no matter what happens, we've just gotta keep pressing on! If a shadow is cast over you, just know that it's there only because the sun's on the other side! In other words, there will always be a better day. ;)

So, today wasn't as grand as I had hoped. Big deal. I already know tomorrow will be better! =)

P.S. I've come to the conclusion that anything Jon Foreman writes can become a topic of deep discussion. =P

2 comments:

  1. Nice, to reassure you, besides watching Toy Story 3, again, nothing really happened on my end over here down in Portland. I'm working on my post right now though, ha. I need a study break.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thumbs up for the Jon Foreman mention ;)

    ReplyDelete