This morning, I met Micah down at Starbucks for a devo/Bible study session. We had a fantastic discussion about Christ's love, ministry, and our lives pertaining to it all. Honestly, it's a lot to go through on this blog; I have way too many thoughts on this. It sort of picked up where my discussion with John left off last night. I'm just in awe, seeing what God is doing in our lives... I don't even know where to begin!
On a related note, coffee shops seem to be the bridge that connects our high-strung, non-stop lives to our real selves. Some of my deepest discussions, and I'm sure others can say the same, have taken place in a coffee shop. There's something to it... Like a little corner of the world that disregards everything that gets in between us and our souls. Maybe it's because it does its best to strip away what keeps us from speaking wholeheartedly. You notice that, in most cases, there's only coffee cups and the occasional book to distract us, while we're sitting there, at a small table, facing each other? And that book is usually something one holds dear to their heart, in this case the Word of God. Everything is real; our masquerades are left at the door. I'd like to think of coffee shops as being the same as handwritten letters. There's a deep-rooted, personal flair to both of these that is timeless, no matter what the world does to speed up our lives. You know?
Hopefully you all followed along. It was difficult to try to summarize my thoughts into this tight "365" window. Maybe this calls for an actual blog entry... Hmm. Later, gators!

Wanna know something funny, I forgot you took a picture like this when I did mine. What's even funnier is, by the look of your shot, it looks like you were in the New Starbucks, ha. I was there when I took mine :P
ReplyDelete