Photographers are always chasing the light. Whether it be getting up super early and traveling several hours just to catch the sunrise, or waiting until the final few minutes of sunlight, we're always searching for the golden hours. The colors are warmer and tend to be more vibrant in these fleeting hours. It's not the harsh, blinding white light we get from the mid-day sun. Each time has its place, but more often than not, it's at these golden hours where light is at its best.
So, that was my mission tonight. Grab a shot right at sunset. I've been watching some videos on http://kelbytv.com/dtowntv/, and they've been talking about shooting into the sun recently, which is one of those things you're told not to do when learning photography. What they (instructors) don't tell you is almost all of the rules are meant to be broken =P. Haha. Anyway, I was at City Beach last night, and saw some sweet sunset colors reflecting off the lagoon. Unfortunately, I didn't have my camera on me (genius move... Ha...), but I wanted to go back and get that shot. Well, tonight's sunset was a tad different, and I ended up with today's photo instead =).
On a related note, I've been thinking and taking a few notes of some photos I want to create! I hope I'm able to pull some "models" together and get these shots. Some are specific to certain people, while others aren't. Regardless, all of them will be radically different from anything I've ever done [in a good way ;)!!]. Hopefully I can achieve the level of quality I've set for myself in my head! Hehe.

No comments:
Post a Comment