Wednesday, June 9, 2010

011/365 - Bring the Rain

When I awoke this morning, I looked outside my window and noticed the shiny, damp street. A little while later, I hopped online to see what the rest of the day had in store for us, and saw some green on the radar to the south. I was hoping it would travel up this way, and fortunately it did!

I've been in love with the rain lately! =) Hiking in it has become one of my favorites. I'm not sure why... It's summer, right? Supposed to be sunny!! I don't know. Something about it recently... I enjoy every second of it!

This evening, in fact, while huge rain drops were coming down hard, I decided to get a Blizzard (summer in a cup =P), rolled the window down, and proceeded to drive along West Beach, rocking out to Sanctus Real* ;)... On second thought, maybe I should've actually stopped and ate my Blizzard while walking the beach... in the rain... just because I could... Haha. I can be ridiculously random and spontaneous sometimes... I probably have ADHD, not even kidding. =P

So yeah... Enjoying the rain =). I wish more people felt the same way. My friend, John, and I were talking last night about how we used to play Ultimate in the rain back in high school. We played in a lot of adverse weather conditions! Not only rain, but wind, snow, and just out in the bitter cold. Wearing only tshirts and shorts. The only thing that stopped us was when the ground was frozen and John couldn't get his cleats to stick. Haha. We were so hardcore about it. It'd be awesome to get the 'ol team back together. [which would mean getting the whole group back together!... August, yeah?! ;)]

Anywho. That's my story of the day, along with some reminiscing. Hope y'all didn't die of boredom here =P. Back tomorrow!

*Sanctus Real: Listen to their song "Forgiven" (starts @1:46)! Been addicted to this one all day... Their whole album its from, "Pieces of a Real Heart" is great, by the way... As is "The Face of Love" album from years past... Oh, and.. Pfft, just listen to all their songs =P. Haha.

3 comments:

  1. I'm one of those freaks who LOVE the rain. I've come to realize that when I'm the most stressed out, it rains. It calms me down. I think it's God letting me know things are alright :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah-uh! Come to think of it, I do agree. It's definitely a God thing =).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love rain! It is raining here in Spokane today :) I think that is why fall is my favorite season, the rain!

    ReplyDelete