A few hours later, Stephen and I headed to Anacortes to see Jessica Andrukat (along with her brother, Jared) perform their second concert! It was pretty sick! A good 40~ minutes worth. I put it up on youtube, FYI, as well as her first concert, in case you missed it! What she said about it afterwards sums it up real well:
Favorite part about concert: people singing my lyrics back to me. Can't even describe how it felt.
As a music artist, I’d imagine that’d be one of the biggest “compliments” you could ever receive, especially for someone like herself, who’s just coming up. Means that we, as fans, aren’t only there because Jessica’s an amazing friend, but also because we really are, truthfully, enjoying her music! =) If I were you, I would make an immediate effort to check her out! ;) I’d describe her writing and style as being very Jon Foreman-esque (Switchfoot), which I absolutely love (her song, Sidewalk Chalk, especially), with a hint of He is We and Paramore. And when she performs, you can definitely see her love for music pour out with every line. Honestly, if she sticks with this, she’ll be up there with those aforementioned artists, sooner than later; no doubt! ;)
*Jessica Andrukat’s sites:

No comments:
Post a Comment