This is Ryan's sister, Lora, with myself for a candid shot!Over the years, I've become real close with their family. Well, their father is my eye doctor, so I actually knew their parents before I knew Ryan, and then Lora! Haha.
Currently, Lora is home from McCormick Seminary in Chicago, and this is the first time I've seen her since she's been back. It was great to catch up with her, a little bit at least.
Honestly, it felt pretty awkward, catching up with Lora... I'm usually over at their house constantly, sometimes more often than my own! So, I either see her myself, or hear about what she's up to through Ryan and their parents. In fact, just being over there felt a tad strange, simply because their lives have been completely rocked, with Ryan FINALLY receiving a double lung transplant! Nothing is as it "normally" is over there, with Ryan being away, obviously, and at least one of them being with him at all times. The house seems to be a general rest stop, at least from my perspective, rather than a home at this point.
But, we're all so thankful Ryan has been given a second chance at life! Despite all the medical setbacks, it's pretty remarkable! I mean, he went through a double lung transplant! Seriously, all things considering, what all he's had to go through on his road to recovery, it's amazing to see how much fight Ryan has to push through! I've never seen anyone fight for something so hard. Yeah, he has his off days, but don't we all? Keep it up, bro!
I can go on forever about this family. My family, really. They're pretty much a second family to me, and in some ways, my first, and I'm so blessed to have them in my life! =)
No comments:
Post a Comment