Early this morning, before 8:30am, my buds Micah and Kenny, and I took off to the Deception Pass area in search of some great trails to hike. We began at North Beach , and besides the fact that we had to climb up and down a few steep rock faces to get around the high tide, it wasn't that epic. Less than an hour to that point.
So, after we had a quick "lunch," we still wanted to make the trip worthwhile, and thought we picked up a trail off to the side, in the campground. Flash forward a few minutes and we were out in the middle of nowhere! Literally, we were out in the middle of the woods, with no civilization in sight, and only a vague sense of direction. Oddly, it was pretty relaxing, being out in nature, untouched for the most part. (As untouched as a state park gets, I guess. Haha.) We trekked it through countless bushes, trees, and undergrowth. My pants suffered severe consequences. I slipped off a log and luckily the sharp, broken branch cut straight through my pants and not my leg as I fell! Torn apart, man! It's a good thing I had shorts on underneath, otherwise it would've been pretty awkward. Haha. I also pulled/cramped my back at one point, and fell a few other times.
Despite the pain, being covered in dirt and other debris, and a ruined pair of jeans, it was totally worth it! =D Was it dangerous? Yes. Worst case scenario is we'd still be out there, trying to find our way out! Haha. But, being out in the midst of nature with good friends is where it's at, and that more than made up for the sometimes troublesome situations we endured today. Good job, fellas!
13 Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14 But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.
Matthew 7:13-14 (NIV)

No comments:
Post a Comment