Ain't that the truth! I've gotten a lot of compliments about my photography [and I can't thank you all enough for the support =)!], but the fact of the matter is good photographs just don't happen. If one should, I got lucky when I took the shot. Haha. However, that's not to say I'm a terrible photographer, or that you're a terrible *insert your hobby/career* if most things don't go the way you originally intended.
What I'm trying to say is that you have to work hard for whatever you're doing. Things just don't happen in life. Honestly, this is something I struggle with (but I'm getting better at it!), especially because I'm a Christian. I have faith that God will pull me through, but at what point has He given me the opportunity and I didn't take it? Then, I go on to wonder when an opportunity will come and the cycle repeats.
Unfortunately, I don't think I can exactly give sound advice on this matter, for those who also struggle with this. But, I can say that we need to always be prepared and be willing to keep pushing forward. The song, "Dare You To Move" by Switchfoot says to move "like today never happened." Jon Foreman describes it as every day beginning with a blank page, and we have to decide where to go from there. What story do we tell, or what does God want us to tell? If we sit idle on that blank page, where have we gotten ourselves at the end of the day?
I Dare You To Move
*If you talk to me about photography, it won't be too long before I mention Chase Jarvis. He's one of the biggest names in the business right now, specializing in commercial photography, but he has various other projects as well. He's also a VERY transparent photographer, as in he's willing to take us inside the "black box" (as he puts it) of photography. Countless behind-the-scenes videos, live webcast photo sessions, etc. I truly admire his work and his openness about it. You can check out his blog and some of his work here: http://blog.chasejarvis.com/blog/.

No comments:
Post a Comment