Today was pretty straightforward. I devo'd Romans 2 first thing in the morning. Started the day off right! ;) I'm also going to use this for a small Bible study tomorrow night. Before I had to go to work in the evening, Eric, Wynton, and I were gonna play tennis, but all the courts were full. So, we decided to go to City Beach and threw around a frisbee for a little while with some people we met up with down there.
Next up was West Beach, with Wynton. It was such a sunny day, we HAD to walk a beach... Except it was the foggiest day in that specific area!!! Gah! Only on Whidbey Island, right? Haha.
I've been in a photographic funk lately. I'm not sure if y'all could tell. I'm having a hard time pushing the limits, or finding subjects to push the limits with. It didn't help that I was at a beach I knew in the pitch dark (literally), on the foggiest day where I couldn't even see the mid-day sun in the deep blue sky I've photographed countless times before. Sigh.
Despite all that, I did manage to get this shot of a large, closed up wooden box (?), partially buried in the sand. I have no idea what it was used for, but clearly it's been there for years. As I've said before, this is yet another "If walls could talk..." moment. It's kind of interesting, wondering what it could've been used for, yeah?
It also makes me wonder how often we pass by the same area hundreds of times and not even notice the littlest details that bring a place alive. So, my challenge to you is to go on about your normal routine, but find something intriguing that you've never taken the time to notice before. You never know what you may find! ;)

If it helps you out, I'm kind of in a funk too right now. But you know what, you're still taking photos while we're in our funk. Only good will come from that.
ReplyDeleteWe're just not used to having to take a photo a day! Haha. We'll get our groove back before we know it!