I didn't do a whole lot today until the evening, other than watch the World Cup [The "Miracle on Grass" finally came to an end for the US =(! Fantastic run, though!] and a devo through Romans 4. =) When the evening came, it was off to Burlington with Angelo and Wynton to watch Toy Story 3 in 3D, after we stopped at WalMart over there to get some items... Never again! -_-
Anyway! In my opinion, I don't think the film could've been done any better! It was definitely Toy Story. You know how sequels tend to, well, suck more times than not? (I'm looking at you, Shrek!) This is not the case with this one!! Go out and part with some cash to see it! It's worth it. However, is it worth seeing it in 3D? That's up to you... The experience is a little more fulfilling in 3D, but it's certainly not Avatar. In Avatar, I felt that I was literally in Pandora, whereas in Toy Story, I felt that the foreground and subjects were just separated from the background, if I noticed it at all. =/ I still felt like I was watching a 3D film in a theater; not actually in the movie. Haha.
After we all got home and parted ways, I texted my good friend, Rick, up (mind you, this was past 12:30am), where we chatted for a little while at his house before heading out to the Donut House. We spent a while there, talking about life and photography. We didn't get home until almost 5:00am!!! O_O Well, I got home at 5:00am, for sure, because I drove around West Beach with the window down, catching the first sign of the sunrise, before heading home! =) For some, this is crazy. Why would I subject myself to driving through West Beach at odd hours of the day (or night), by myself? But to me, that's my personal time with God. It's one of the most peaceful places on the Island, away from town, where you can just sit back and enjoy His presence, and all that He's created and done in your life. So, for me, it's not crazy at all. It's Love.
Peace.

No comments:
Post a Comment