Thursday, June 10, 2010

012/365 - Flickr-esque & an Unusual Source of Inspiration

This week has been slow! Real SLOW!! I haven't worked since Monday... And have been going crazy in my house ever since. I don't think I can ever enjoy a vacation... Haha. Maybe if I worked an absolute plethora (Yes, I used a big word. Deal with it. =P) of hours and days, I'd appreciate it. But, not at this point... It's only been three days and I am not a happy camper...

So, there's been a lot of inspiration building and Flickr browsing lately. Today's photo, for example, is seen throughout Flickr; taking a photo through another lens. (That answers a potential question - No, my cat, nor anything else, has been photoshopped  into the image.) Although it's been done many times before, it's still a cool idea to try, if you're able to.

Man, I have been drawing inspiration from the weirdest places, though... For instance, hip-hop & rap... Normally, this is not my style... But, there's this raw side to it, and I'm speaking especially about the... I don't know if you'd say the indie side of it... Is that the right term? I do have an ignorance about the genres, clearly. Haha... But, there are real stories of struggle and a fight to pick yourself back up that intrigues me. And, it's something that I'd like to express in photography, and, like I mentioned before, in film. Don't sugar-coat anything, you know? Sure, the photo has to be done right; has to look good. But, the story needs to be kept intact and fully shown in the end-product. I'm not talking about specifically struggle and redemption. Even success. Or the theme behind a song, if I'm doing music work. Whatever the story, I want to make sure it's expressed, fully, uncut in my work.

Hopefully that all made sense! I know I jumped around a bit. Haha. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment