Ahh, this is getting tougher trying to decide which photo to post! I'd love to upload one of my better shots of the day, but it wouldn't be the right shot... It wouldn't truly represent my day, and that's what 365 is all about, for me. So, here's a shot of my Minolta Maxxum 650si Date film SLR camera!
I acquired this camera a while back from one of my mom's coworkers. She didn't use it anymore, and at the same time, she didn't want to sell it, nor was she looking to give it away at a secondhand store, either. Out of the goodness of her heart, she wanted to give it to somebody who loved photography, and didn't want anything in return. One thing led to another and here it sits, in my possession. I still can't believe she didn't want anything in return! I was willing to buy it or something... But, I guess my passion for photography is more than enough for her. That was such a great gesture, and I most definitely appreciate it to the fullest! =)
Anywho, she brought this camera to Africa and India during her time with it... Can you imagine what this camera's been through?! I've never seen any of her photos, but just knowing that its traveled thousands of miles, in different adventures (I know an African safari is one of them), is incredible. And now it's going wherever I go! That's pretty cool, yeah? [FYI, it only made it to Coupeville today. Haha. I did run through a roll of film, though! ;) I may put those pics up at some point.]
I tend to talk about photography as capturing a moment in time. Preserving it forever, and recalling the emotions and memories you felt when you first snapped the photo. But this is one of those "If walls could talk..." moments. Fortunately for us, cameras are able to "talk," in the form of photographs ;).
P.S. Does anyone know what lenses (or other accessories) work with this type of camera? Like am I able to use manual Minolta lenses or just autofocus ones? Which Sony lenses work with it, where do I find such items, etc... Anything and everything helps! I currently have a standard Minolta AF 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5 lens, and would like to find a wide aperture (i.e. f/2.8, 1.7, whatever) 50mm or maybe an 85mm (for portraits)? Thanks for any help! =)

wish i was of any assistance in the lens/accessories and such :(
ReplyDelete