The photo speaks for itself... =)
A little background on this event: Brendan sent me a text on July 6th, basically saying he had an important, potential photo job for me. I replied him the following day and here are the next couple texts I received from him:
Those are the best texts I've ever received. =)
Over the course of the next month, we (Brendan and I) had fun with it, and, honestly, we were pretty reckless about it on a few occasions! Obviously, we talked several more times about the details of this operation, but there were instances where we'd blatantly discuss it literally behind Ashley's back! Not more than 10 or 15 feet away! I also talked a few times with Ashley about how she felt about marriage and all, which was great, and also a bit humorous. She had no idea! =P As far as she knew, she was coming home to celebrate her dad's birthday! Hahah. As the date got closer, we started letting everyone else know, and they, too, joined in on the fun.
I'll save the proposal story for another entry (or you can ask me!), but it was funny how the event played out from our (Victor and I) perspectives! I sacrificed my life for them, jumping over that snake to stay in hiding!! Hahah. Sadly, because of my issues, I didn't get to see the actual proposal! =( But, looking back on it, there was just no way I would've been able to see it without spoiling the surprise; Ashley was looking everywhere, except right behind her, where Victor ended up (totally unplanned hiding spot!). Thank God I gave him my Flip instead of hiding it at the spot. Not only was that a bad idea, but Brendan and Ashley wouldn't have been in the frame either. So, Victor was able to get pretty good video, all things considering! Props to him! =D
After the proposal, everyone, including many of their friends from Spokane, headed over to Ashley's to celebrate "her dad's birthday." =P Just one huge party! After that, Ashley, Brendan, Victor, Angelo, and I met up with a few others from Spokane at the Donut House to finish the night off.
Man, what a day! Who would've thought I'd be part of a friend's proposal? =)
I've known Ashley for years now; most definitely one of my closest friends and one of the people who showed me Christ's love, ultimately leading to my decision to trust Him with my life. I was telling Brendan that I was a little nervous about the whole thing, even though I wasn't the one proposing. I am just so close to her that I felt I was giving her away, as a brother would. And with that, it goes without saying I also want/ed what was best for her... But with Brendan... quite frankly, "best" is an understatement here. ;) He is such an awesome guy; I can't think of anyone better for her. Not to mention he's the perfect addition to our "group." ;) Haha. Honorary member.
Wish you guys the best! Looking forward to the wedding next summer!! =D
CONGRATULATIONS, BRENDAN AND ASHLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!




So, does that make him "Guardian Starfire?"
ReplyDelete