Saturday, August 28, 2010

091/365 - It's Not The Place. It's The People.

Today marked the annual WPC Mariner game trip! Of course, we had a good time. ;) It was nice seeing so many turn out for the game... Although we lost. =/ 1-0, in a game that only lasted just over two hours. But, the Twins are the best team in baseball since the All-Star break, so I guess if you look at it that way... we didn't do too badly. ;)  (Have to find something to cheer about this season!...) After the game, Justin, Nicole, Jaxson, the Burge's, and I went to The Old Spaghetti Factory for dinner. If you haven't been there, go. Now... GO! Haha.

This photo (of Jaxson! Too awesome!) reminds me of what my good buddy, Victor, said: It's not the place. It's the people. I want so badly to move to a new place for opportunity and a fresh start. It's time that I make that happen... But, you know, Victor made a good point. I went to Texas, a place I don't see myself ever living in, but it was one of the best moments of the summer; hanging out with some of my best friends again. Same thing when I went to Vancouver (WA), or San Francisco. Those places, too, aren't locations I imagine myself residing in. But, I was surrounded by some amazing people, friends, and "family" in each destination. And I experienced it again, at this Mariners game. That made the difference. It's those people that made each journey so memorable, joyous, and worthwhile.

It's not the place. It's the people. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment