Last week, I was in San Francisco. This week, I was off to Texas!! Yeah, I couldn't believe it either! Not the fact that I was going on another trip so soon, but a trip to.... Texas...! -_- Haha. It has taken way too many friends away since we graduated. Where I was going, there were no mountains or an ocean (or other body of water, of any sort)... It's Texas... =P So, I must've had an extremely good reason to put myself through all that, right?
Yes. ;)
One of my closest friends, Matt, (The best man and one of our best friends, Victor, is photo-bombing in the background. Haha.) was getting married!! What?! Heather, his (now)* wife, is super nice, too! =)
Going to this wedding was a total God thing for me. Originally, I was supposed to be a groomsman, but because of cash concerns and not knowing my summer schedule, I had to pull out. =/ But, even knowing this, Matt kept asking me if there was any way he could get me to his wedding, and each time I had to decline. Then, I got a phone call from him about a week prior to the wedding. One last ditch effort to get me to go. His parents offered to pay my way down to TX! This offer has come up before, but I'm not the type of person who wants that kind of help, you know? I'd rather not have anyone shell out that much money over me. This time, however... I thought, "Okay, he's been asking me every so often about going to his wedding, even though he knows I'm not... He's not joking around, either. Each time, he definitely wants me down there... I have a feeling I really need to go. =)" It was good timing, also, after Ryan's passing. I needed to get away and do something for myself. See a new place, and, most importantly, be with a good buddy of mine, whom I haven't seen in 2 1/2 years, not to mention see other awesome friends of mine, some whom I haven't seen in just as long, if not longer. And what better way to do this than at his wedding?! =) Everything worked out, too. They were able to book my flights so late in the game... I managed to get on a flight to TX that was most likely overbooked, in under an hour (from check-in to boarding) no less, so I was extremely lucky to make it! Everything went off without a hitch... God totally had it all set up. ;)
This photo was taken right before we started bowling, FYI. In the bar, where we were immediately ordered to leave because the lady poorly assumed we were under 21, and then carded us when we said we were. -_- Sigh. Story of our lives. Haha. =P
*It's statements like these that let you all know that despite my tendency to write these entries in the present tense, I'm writing these past entries after the fact. ;) Ha.

No comments:
Post a Comment