"What did he just say?"
I bet everyone but Rick asked this questioned. Haha. I'll briefly explain...
First, the term "Lomo" is short for "Lomography." I guess technically it started with a company and a camera, the LOMO LC-A, but now it has evolved into a photographic style. According to Wikipedia:
Lomography emphasizes casual, snapshot photography. Characteristics such as over-saturated colors, off-kilter exposure, blurring, "happy accidents," and alternative film processing are often considered part of the "Lomographic Technique.”
The second part, “double exposure,” or even “multiple exposure,” is exactly how it sounds. You’re pretty much combining two (or more) exposures, or photographs, into one.
Now… I don’t have a Lomo camera (yet!), nor did I perform a double exposure in-camera. I do, however, have Photoshop.* ;) That being said, I used it to combine two different photos, and then gave a Lomo-style look to the final image. Purely experimental, and, again, just getting practice in for when I do this sort of thing on a higher-scale. What do you think?? I kinda like it... The film look (as opposed to digital) has a special place in my heart, and I hope I accomplished that style with this shot of the day.
*Usually, I keep my Photoshop processing relatively straight-forward. Sure, I’ll mess with a photo some to achieve the look I’m after, but I feel that the more I mess with it, the worse job I did capturing the photo in the first place, in-camera. Don’t get me wrong, I do believe there is a time and place for heavy Photoshop; it’s just not what I’m doing too much of right now.

First of all, if you're wondering why I'm up ... I leave in about 30 minutes to go to work. I work in Redmond, HEY YO!
ReplyDeleteSecondly, I used to think I'd find a Charmander just hanging around my front yard waiting just for me :)
Lastly, dude. LOMO MORE!! GOTTA PUSH THAT LOMO!!! DON'T BE AFRAID!! WORK THAT LOMO!! bahaha.