Tuesday, July 27, 2010

045/365 - Project Open Hand [For July 13th, 2010]

Day 02 of SF was all about Project Open Hand. It's an organization that gives food to those not eligible for Meals on Wheels, seniors, and especially those with HIV and AIDS. We spent the entire time making peanut butter, packaging pasta, cutting vegetables, or stocking food (What I did, along with Alex, from Ohio). Alex and I did work! Had an assembly line system going and kept a ton of food in supply. ;) Although none of us got to talk to those we were helping, it was a great experience. Worked with some nice people, and met others during lunch. We had a good time! Well, all but Troy. In his words, he was "brainwashed by pasta." That's all he was doing! Packaging pasta. Countless one pound bags. Haha. I think even that would drive me a little crazy. ;)

End Day 02 in SF!

No comments:

Post a Comment