I didn't do too much today, mainly because I only managed... I dunno, three or four hours of sleep, maybe, since 6:30am~ Friday morning? (Thinking about it now, I want to say I had even less sleep in more hours... I don't even know. As far as I'm concerned, Friday and Saturday were just one very long day, on top of an already blurred week! Haha.) I did get a hangout in, with Wynton. Played a little Fifa 10 and walked Maylor's Point. He hadn't been there before, so I decided to enlighten him. ;) Ha.
I snapped this photo as we were walking the trail. I was trying out a new lens I had ordered while I was gone. I had purchased it to take portraits with, and it was capable of taking some beautiful shots, like this one. However, I couldn't afford a Nikon lens of this class, so this was a cheap(er), third-party lens. Because of this, they sacrificed some key features (that the Nikon has) to keep costs down, and the performance just wasn't there. The focusing, for example, was awful. When it nailed it, the quality was incredible, but I was missing way too many shots between because it either wasn't focusing properly or it was too slow. So, I returned it. =/ I'll miss the focal length, but I'm sure I'll be able to afford the Nikon lens once I get going in life. On the bright side, I took some fantastic photographs already with my other short-portrait lens, and got most of my money back from the returned purchase. =) (Life) lesson reinforced - Never settle. ;)

No comments:
Post a Comment