I've been waiting for this opportunity for a long time. Finally, a chance to try out everything I've studied and influenced by. Portraiture. Not for fun. This was now my job. The real deal.
Brendan and Ashley allowed me to take charge of their official engagement photos!!!! =D I was so excited but also nervous. I've never gotten the chance to take control of an entire shoot before, so for them to give me such a task of taking their engagement photos was tremendous trust on their part.
We went to Manito Park in Spokane, which is pretty much several gardens and parks put together. Very peaceful and can be gorgeous at the right time of year. Although we had to hunt around for its beauty, because we went at the end of most of the plants' seasons, but we eventually found it. ;)
All in all, I really believe I pulled off some incredible work, relatively speaking. No prior experience with these types of photos. Only the knowledge of how they're shot and what makes them shine. And to pull of what I did, the first time out? I don't mean to sound arrogant, as that's the last thing I ever want to be. But I'm just really proud of what I accomplished. And I can't thank Ashley and Brendan enough for giving me this chance to do what I love!!! I hope more and more opportunities come up for me soon. =)
FYI, I know there's no photo here... It'd be one of the engagement photos, obviously. However, even though I know Brendan and Ashley won't mind if I posted any of them, this was a professional opportunity, so I'm simply playing the part. As the photographer, I'm probably okay with posting my photos, but I'll let them decide how they want to handle them before I do that.
No comments:
Post a Comment