Friday, October 1, 2010

121/365 - The Final Straw [For September 27th, 2010]

A few years ago, I was working towards an Associates in Technical Arts degree (I think it was called), in the Computer Information Systems (CIS) program. I didn't exactly know what I wanted to do in college after I graduated high school. Long story short, I didn't plan out anything and jumped at the easiest, available thing I knew - computers.

At first, it was alright. I was excited that I was studying something I enjoyed, or so I thought. But, it didn't take long before I realized that it wasn't my calling. I didn't want to work with computers anymore. It was tedious, frustrating, and flat-out boring to me. I couldn't see myself working on them all day, probably in an office. This all came down on me at a time when I was thinking about doing ministry. This Linux class (book pictured) was the final straw. I finally laid it all out in front of me and came to the conclusion that if I were doing ministry instead of computers, the dilemma of what I should be doing wouldn't exist at all. If I was involved in ministry, I wouldn't be wishing I was working in the computer tech field.

I haven't looked back since. Sure, there were times when ministry became difficult, and, to be honest, I almost left that, too. But leaving it for what? I didn't feel called to anything else. Lots of prayers were said during this period in my life and I eventually pushed through and here I am, still trying to find a way to be involved in ministry, with photography in tow.

It's funny how God works, isn't it? =)

No comments:

Post a Comment