Saturday, October 2, 2010

125/365 - Light Up The Sky [For October 1st, 2010]

On my way home from work, I was listening to the song, "Saving Grace," by The Afters, off their new album, Light Up The Sky. All the sudden, I was struck by not only the lyrics, but just how beautiful this album is! I enjoy their older songs, like "Beautiful Love," which was the song that sold me on them, or the quirky, comical, true story of "Myspace Girl." But with each release, The Afters re-engineer their sound and style, in such a way that you almost forget how they used to sound like. And it's always in a good way! I find it hard to believe how far they've advanced from album to album, but I'll be the last to complain. There aren't too many bands that can pull such transformations off this successfully. Respect.

If for some crazy reason they're not already in your collection, check out The Afters as soon as you can!!

P.S. Big thanks to Ryan for finding this musical treasure years ago! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment