Tuesday, September 14, 2010

108/365 - Hypocritical Struggles

Despite growing up with them, video games aren't something I particularly care about anymore. This may come as a shock to some people, seeing as how Ryan and I logged many hours on this very Xbox 360 (another inheritance, btw), I'm one of the better Halo players in our group, etc... I'd also love to take Halo: Reach for a spin and finally play Mass Effect 2. Oh, and dare I even mention that lengthy FIFA 10 tournament we had, lasting an entire weekend? That was magnificent!! =D But even then, they don't do as much for me as they used to.

This all sounds very hypocritical, and I'll admit it is to a point, especially after putting some time on this system today. But I always think (and know) there are better things I could be doing with my time, rather than sit in front of a television for hours on end, traveling through a virtual world when there's the real world right outside the door. My priorities have also changed. Most games nowadays are $60 a piece. For $40 more, I can get a new lens for my camera. Or, what I'm finding myself doing more than anything, that's $60 I can throw in savings.

I don't know. Again, I understand this is hypocritical. There is some enjoyment to be had with video games, which is one of the reasons I played a little today. This is just one of those constant struggles I have. Not only with games, but with the internet, for another example. Granted, I actually don't spend my time searching Youtube for funny videos, or browse any of the "Fail" sites. Most of what I do on the internet is serious stuff. There are no apps on my FB. I always have a lot of photography sites up, gaining creative knowledge and inspiration to hopefully better myself with what I want to do in the field. I just spend much more time than I should on the internet, period.

Sorry for rambling and really not going in any direction with this. There's no lesson here, nor is there even a summary. Just my thoughts. Can any of you guys relate? (Or more accurately, anyone care to share? We can all relate to this. Ha.)

No comments:

Post a Comment