Saturday, September 11, 2010

105/365 - Inheritance

Given the fact that Ryan was/is pretty much my brother, I've inherited several items of his since his passing. These clothes are the latest examples.

I appreciate the offerings from his family to no end, and I know Ryan would want all his belongings to go to good use. But, it will always feel a little strange to me. This all should still be his and he should still be using them, you know?

I don't mean this to be a depressing entry; I'm trying not to let this become a moment. But, it is a part of our lives, now... I guess the best way to handle a situation like this is to save them from collecting dust in his closet and wear them proud! ;)

1 comment:

  1. Hey bud,

    I'm liking the daily updates!

    Ryan was, and shall remain, one of the greatest people I will ever know. He was the one who convinced me to start going to youth group at WPC after we had been through Sunday school together. He was also one of my greatest inspirations at the mission trips and Tall Timber trips we all went on together. He was always so kind-hearted, earnest, funny, and absolutely genuine with his faith.

    Ryan, you're an amazing guy and I'm so grateful to have known you for as long as I did.

    P.S. Maybe some of his awesome Ultimate skills will rub off on you now....not that you need them. = D

    - Cameron

    ReplyDelete