Tempus Fugit, or "Time Flies" in Latin. Ain't that the truth!
A coworker a long time ago, around the time I graduated high school, told me that time flies once you graduate. Years later, I have to say he was right.
I think about how far we've all come and matured since high school, and all that we're doing with our lives now. The careers we're in (or what our goals are), the places we've been... This summer alone has been crazy enough. Ryan has moved on to an incredible life with our Father. Lora is back in Chicago for seminary... I've been to San Francisco and around Dallas, for a mission trip and a best friend's wedding, respectively. I went to another best's wedding shortly thereafter... I attempted secretly photographing a proposal between two incredible friends, while another amazing friend of our's recorded it on a Flip... I know there's at least their wedding next summer, and maybe another... I want to be more active in my photography and ministry the rest of the year and beyond, and eventually move to another city, in hopes of a fresh start and opportunity...
Architecture, theology and ministry, science and medical, psychology. Musicians and missionaries. Social awareness. These are just a few things we're all doing. If you were to tell me these are the lives we'd be living 5 years ago, I'd think you were out of your mind. But this is the reality. These are our amazing lives.
We're all growing up. It doesn't feel like we've been together for this long, pursuing our passions, but we have. Time has certainly flown by while we were having fun. ;)
P.S. Day 100?! Speaking of time flying by!

No comments:
Post a Comment