Wednesday, November 17, 2010

171/365 - A Relient K Day [For November 16th, 2010]

I can't believe I didn't like Relient K at first! O_O I wasn't into the alternative, punk(ish), fun style. But they've grown on me over the years. I don't listen to them nearly enough though, so I'm trying to make it a point to add them into my daily playlist. Started off today blasting some of their old school songs, such as Softer to Me. Love it. Even played some of their Christmas songs. I Celebrate the Day. <3 One of my all-time favorite songs.

About the photo. You may be wondering what in the world this music player is. And where the Apple logo is. Haha. It's a Microsoft Zune 80GB. I'm one of the five people who actually own a Zune. Ha. Seriously, including myself, I only know (or know of) four other people who own (or owned) one. It's sad, really, because it's a solid device. Smooth operation. None of these swirling finger motions needed to operate it, like the non-touch iPods. Large screen. Although I had an issue with the Zune software at first, Microsoft has done wonders with it since its release, and I like it more than iTunes now. I can go on and on. However, there is just no support for the Zune platform outside of Microsoft. They don't have the clever marketing and ecosystem Apple has with the iPod/iPhone, iTunes, or the accessories. All the developers and companies flock to Apple. Unfortunately, I think the same thing will happen with the new Windows 7 phones. Awesome operating system and devices, but Microsoft is again lacking the support. This is why if I ever upgrade to a new music player, it's going to be an iPod Touch. Not only is the new Touch a better device than the current Zunes, most importantly it has the gigantic ecosystem, including the App Store. Microsoft has a lot of catching up to do...

No comments:

Post a Comment