I wish I could type more in this entry, but because I slacked off so much on updating this blog, I need to get going on the rest of it. =/
There's a 17 year old girl, Kayla Healy, who's suffering from CF and desperately needs a double lung transplant. I heard of her story on the news the other day and the things she's going through are so similar to what Ryan went through. The heavy medications, the hospital stays. An inability to breathe well. Insurance will cover most of the transplant cost, but the family still has to pay between $50,000-$100,000 to cover the rest, and are kindly asking for donations.
To sum up how I feel about her, here's what I posted as my status on FB on this day:
Donated to Kayla Healy (http://www.cotaforkaylah.com/). She seems like an awesome girl and nobody deserves to suffer from CF. For me, not only did I feel called to help Kayla, witnessing the terrible ailments associated with CF, but it's also my way of honoring Ryan. I want her to make it if he couldn't. Because despite the suffering, one can bring tremendous hope, joy, and inspiration in their life here on earth. Even the healthiest of us don't have much time here, when you think about it; I just want to see someone live beyond their dreams during their stay.
Please pray for young Kayla, and I'd encourage you to donate if you can.

No comments:
Post a Comment