[READ THIS FIRST, so you know what's going on ;)]
I was sitting in Sunday school this morning and was reminded, once again, that we're on God's time. I had a discussion with a friend recently about this very subject. Like myself, how I want so badly to move on, being impatient sometimes (or all the time? Haha.), wanting to see what God will do with my life. Well, first off, I'm quickly realizing that He's already doing incredible things with my life, once I look beyond this small sliver I'm in right now. But, you know, I keep saying and believing that God is the ultimate storyteller, and that He'll turn the page when He's ready. We're simply UNABLE to write a better story. Let's be honest with ourselves - How do we top the Creator of the universe? Haha. Take a look at Scripture. In Genesis, Abraham was said to be about 100 years old before Sarah bore his son, Isaac, and hundreds of years passed before he'd be the father of many nations, just as God promised. Also in Genesis, Joseph was sold by his own brothers into slavery and, through faith, patiently worked his way back up, finally being put in charge of Egypt at the age of 30, where he rescued countless, including his own brothers, from the great famine.
We can all relate, yeah? We all feel anxious to move on at one point or another. Sometimes we don't always feel that we're in the right place in our lives, even. That we missed something. Deep down, I think we all want to tell a good story. But remember, your story isn't months or years away, although it will take a lifetime and then some to unfold. It's NOW! Only God knows how it'll will play out, and if we're faithful and simply let Him take the pen from our hand, He'll write something that will blow our minds! He created the entire universe! He created life itself! Oh, and He sacrificed His only Son so that we may live!!! If He's able to do all that, willing to make such a monumental sacrifice so a sinful race may live, because He loves us beyond measure... just try to imagine what He has in store for us! =)

MATT!! This is this is exciting. I've got you and Pam Dupa doing it. As well as my dad obviously!!
ReplyDeleteI'm so excited to how all of this unfolds in the next year!!